CORAIL® Hip System
First implanted in 19866 by the ARTRO Group in France, published evidence for the CORAIL Hip System proves that it is a class-leading hydroxyapatite (HA) coated cementless implant.1-8 In many markets it is considered the standard of care for primary total hip arthroplasty (THA) when compared with other cementless hip implants.5-8
Over 2 million CORAIL Stems sold worldwide since its introduction, across more than 30 years of clinical heritage.1
Compaction broaching technique, aimed to preserve the blood supply to promote healing and growth of bone around the implant.
Manufacturing and QualityExplore
- TSM Report, CORAIL WW implantations YTD, 1986 - 2017.
- Hallan G, Lie SA, Furnes O, Engesaeter LB, Vollset SE, Havelin L. Medium and long-term performance of 11,516 uncemented primary femoral stems from the Norwgian arthroplasty register. J. Bone Joint Surg. 2007; 89-B: 1574-1580.
- Chatelet JC. Survivorship in 120 consecutice cases at 12 years. Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot. 2004; 90(7): 628-635Chatelet JC. Survivorship in 120 consecutice cases at 12 years. Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot. 2004; 90(7): 628-635.
- National Joint registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, 15th Annual Report, 2018. Table 3.9. Available from www.njrreports.org.uk.
- CORAIL PINNACLE documented implantations in the Registries. DePuy Synthes Data on File.
- Orthopaedic Data Evaluation Panel. ODEP product ratings. Latest ODEP ratings can be found at www.odep.org.uk [Accessed May 2018].
- Norwegian Arthroplasty Register, Report 2018. Table 24.
- National Joint registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, 15th Annual Report, 2018. Table 3.10. Available from www.njrreports.org.uk.
- 2012 - 2014 CORAIL Hip System sales, data on file, DePuy International Ltd.