PINNACLE® Hip Solutions
The PINNACLE® Acetabular Cup System comes with a proven track record.1-6 Over the last 15 years, the PINNACLE Acetabular Cup System has grown to become one of the most widely used and clinically successful modular acetabular cup systems for hip replacement.1-6
- Over 3 million PINNACLE Cups sold worldwide since its introduction, across more than 15 years of clinical heritage.1
- Full profile cup design with 180° of POROCOAT™, DUOFIX™ or GRIPTION™ Coating intended to maximize contact with host bone.
- Complete range of bearing options, featuring one of our three technologies, MARATHON® Polyethylene Liners, ALTRX® Polyethylene Liners, CERAMAX™ Ceramic Liners.
Manufacturing and Quality
- TSM Report, PINNACLE WW implantations YTD, 2001 - 2018.
- Bedard N, Callaghan J, Stefl M, Williams T, Liu S, Goetz D. Fixation and Wear with Contemporary Acetabular Components and Cross-Linked Polyethylene at 10-Year Follow-Up. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 1961-1969.
- Greiner J, Callaghan J, Bedard N, Liu S Gao Y, Goetz D. Fixation andWear With Contemporary Acetabular Components and Cross-Linked Polyethylene at 10-Years in Patients Aged 50 and Under, J Arthroplasty. 2015; http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2015.05.011.
- Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry. Annual Report. Adelaide: AOA; 2018. Available from URL: https://aoanjrr.sahmri.com/annual-reports-2018. Extracted from Table TY1.
Table TY1 Cumulative Percent Revision of Primary Total Conventional Hip replacement Combinations with 10 Year Data (Primary Diagnosis OA)
Type of Revision Femoral Stem Acetabular Component N
THR Femoral Acetabular Other 2 Yrs 5 Yrs 10 Yrs Corail Pinnacle 1169 38657 101 409 189 470 2.2 (2.0, 2.3) 3.2 (3.0, 3.4) 5.4 (5.0, 5.9)
- National Joint Registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, 15th Annual Report, 2018. Table 3.9. Available from www.njrreports.org.uk
- Orthopaedic Data Evaluation Panel. ODEP product ratings. Latest ODEP ratings can be found at www.odep.org.uk [Accessed May 2018].