Today the CORAIL PINNACLE construct is one of the most widely used and clinically successful constructs in total hip replacement.1-7
The first CORAIL was implanted on the 25th of August 1986 and since then CORAIL has been provided for over 2,000,000 patients.1
The first PINNACLE was implanted on the 17th of July 2000 and since then PINNACLE has been provided for over 2,500,000 patients.2
Over 175,000 documented CORAIL PINNACLE construct implantations in registries.7
Low 2.78% revision rate for the CORAIL PINNACLE with ceramic on polyethylene bearing after 10 years in the National Joint Registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.6
All analysis was carried out by DePuy Synthes, the NJR do not vouch for the accuracy of the interpretation.
The data used for this analysis was obtained from the NJR Supplier Feedback System. All analyses of NJR data were undertaken by DePuy Synthes. The Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (“HQIP”) and the National Joint Registry (“NJR”) take no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of any data used or referred to in this report, nor for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of links or references to other information sources and disclaims all warranties in relation to such data, links and references to the maximum extent permitted by legislation.
The CORAIL AMT Total Hip System is rated 13A* and the PINNACLE Cementless Acetabular Cup is awarded with a 10A* rating by the Orthopaedic Data Evaluation Panel.3
† 13A* CORAIL and CORAIL AMT Total Hip System; 10A* PINNACLE Cementless Acetabular Cup; 5A CORAIL Cemented Total Hip System; 5A* PINNACLE GRIPTION Acetabular System
- TSM Report, CORAIL WW implantations YTD, 1986 - 2017.
- TSM Report, PINNACLE WW implantations YTD, 2001 - 2017.
- Orthopaedic Data Evaluation Panel. ODEP product ratings. Latest ODEP ratings can be found at www.odep.org.uk [Accessed May 2018].
- Hallan G, Lie SA, Furnes O, Engesaeter LB, Vollset SE, Havelin L. Medium and long-term performance of 11,516 uncemented primary femoral stems from the Norwgian arthroplasty register. J. Bone Joint Surg. 2007; 89-B: 1574-1580.
- Chatelet JC. Survivorship in 120 consecutice cases at 12 years. Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot. 2004; 90(7): 628-635.
- Bedard N, Callaghan J, Stefl M, Williams T, Liu S, Goetz D. Fixation and Wear with Contemporary Acetabular Components and Cross-Linked Polyethylene at 10-Year Follow-Up. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 1961-1969.
- National Joint Registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, 14th Annual Report, 2017. Table 3.9. Available from www.njrreports.org.uk
- CORAIL PINNACLE documented implantations in the Registries. DePuy Synthes Data on File.