Today the CORAIL PINNACLE construct is one of the most widely used and clinically successful constructs in total hip replacement.1-6
The first CORAIL was implanted on the 25th of August 1986 and since then CORAIL has been provided for over 1,800,000 patients.2
The first PINNACLE was implanted on the 17th of July 2000 and since then PINNACLE has been provided for over 2,300,000 patients.2
In 2015 CORAIL and PINNACLE Acetabular Cup System were awarded 10A* ratings by the Orthopaedic Data Evaluation Panel.1
† 10A* CORAIL, CORAIL AMT Total Hip System and PINNACLE Cementless Acetabular Cup; 3A CORAIL Cemented Total Hip System; 5A* PINNACLE GRIPTION Acetabular System
Over 152,000 documented CORAIL PINNACLE construct implantations in registries.7
Low 2.81% revision rate for the CORAIL PINNACLE with ceramic on polyethylene bearing after 10 years in the National Joint Registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.6
All analysis was carried out by DePuy Synthes, the NJR do not vouch for the accuracy of the interpretation.
- Orthopaedic Data Evaluation Panel. ODEP product ratings. Latest ODEP ratings can be found at www.odep.org.uk [Accessed 01/10/2016].
- CORAIL PINNACLE Sales Data; 1986-2016; Data on file Depuy Synthes.
- Hallan G, Lie SA, Furnes O, Engesaeter LB, Vollset SE, Havelin L. Medium and long-term performance of 11 516 uncemented primary femoral stems from the Norwegian arthroplasty register. J. Bone Joint Surg. 2007;89-B:1574-1580.
- Chatelet J-C. Survivorship in 120 consecutive cases at 12 years. Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot. 2004;90(7):628-635.
- Bedard N, Callaghan J, Stefl M, Williams T, Liu S, Goetz D. Fixation and Wear with Contemporary Acetabular Components and Cross-Linked Polyethylene at 10-Year Follow- Up. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 1961-1969.
- National Joint Registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, 13th Annual Report, 2016. Table 3.9. Available from www.njrreports.org.uk
- DePuy Synthes Registry Analysis; 2016; Data on file Depuy Synthes.